Cyber Security Analyst for TrellisWare Technologies, Inc in San Diego, CA (salary not disclosed)
The essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents and leads incident response, documentation, and damage assessment activities
- Leads Installation of security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Work with IT security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Work with IT security team to fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news and standards.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Guide colleagues in installing security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Security Policy development
- Analyze system configuration using DoD approved software and protocols such as DISA STIG using STIGviewer, SCC, and OpenSCAP
- Support unit/organization ISSM in implementing security policies
- Lead the process of reviewing and selection of enterprise information security solutions
- Compile and produce reports on weekly and monthly issues and trends and guide the enhancement of the functions of the Information Security Team
- Make recommendations for changes to the environment that can help in the removal of vulnerabilities and reduction in the risk of exploitation that may result in potential incidents
- Ensure team processes and documentation are created and maintained
- Responsible for ensuring all systems are subject to regular vulnerability scans and timely remediation.
- Develops and maintains Cyber Security awareness program.
- Develops relationships with team members built on trust and respect.
Education and work experience requirements are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field of study required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a combination of risk management, information security, IT, and Cloud work experience.
To be considered for this position, you would need to meet, at a minimum, the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed here:
- DOD Secret Security Clearance or ability to obtain one.
- CompTIA Security+ CE or must have the ability to obtain one within 6 months of start date
- Security qualifications a bonus - CISSP, CISM
- Demonstrated knowledge of RMF, NIST, NISPOM, system audits, vulnerability scanning, and DCSA security package development are highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years' experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, NAC, antivirus, encryption, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Strong collaborative drive and interpersonal skills.
- Strong initiative, proactive work ethic and prioritization skills.
- Trustable judgement and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Effective execution and decision making.
- Champion of change and promotes innovation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
For more Info: https://theucf.info/AGujbR