The ISSO will support our customer's Joint Service Provider (JSP) Cyber Security Task Order in Alexandria, VA. Through the JSP Cyber Security program, JSP performs a wide variety of services and functions required to secure the information security posture for DoD services. The ISSO will be assigned the responsibility as an authorizing official, management official, or information system owner for ensuring that the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system. This is a hybrid position allowing 50% remote work after a brief ramp-up period (first 2-3 weeks will be 100% onsite during onboarding, then time will be split 50/50 onsite/remote).
- Establish and implement security procedures and practices in support of Customer goals and current DoD regulations.
- Develop and update Assessment & Authorization (A&A) documentation (Body of Evidence) for management and continuous monitoring of information systems.
- Using knowledge of the Information System (IS) and understanding of established Information Assurance (IA) and Cybersecurity requirements validate security policies and procedures outlined in the System Security Plan (SSP), customer policies & regulations, and ensure local policies are followed.
- Initiate the authorization or re-authorization efforts and process for new or expiring systems and coordinate, schedule, and attend required meetings.
- Serve as the System Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for various Joint Service Provider (JSP) systems.
- Take corrective action to resolve problems identified and ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Perform security audits IAW established procedures. Develop process for the management, review, and retention of security audit data. Make decisions and implement corrective action as required to resolve audit discrepancies.
- Author and review IS security-related documentation and submit to Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- As an IA Subject Matter Expert (SME), provide critical thinking to ensure system security requirements are addressed during all phases of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Conduct ongoing security reviews and tests of systems to verify security features and controls are functional and effective. Take corrective action to resolve identified vulnerabilities.
- Provide security engineering review of proposed changes or additions to the IS (including hardware, software, or connectivity), and advise the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) of the security relevance.
- Create and maintain processes and procedures for use by members of the ISSO team.
- Support the ISSO Team Lead in conducting lessons learned activities to improve the overall productivity and efficiency of the ISSO team.
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas and customer team members.
- Reviewing manual STIGs utilizing STIGViewer.
- Reviewing ACAS Scans.
- Developing Project Management Plan to attain ATO.
- DoDI 8570 IAM Level II or IAT Level II Certification or higher
- BS and 6 or more years of prior relevant experience, additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active Top Secret clearance or higher (program can support up to TS/SCI)
- Applicant selected for this position must have a current security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Chosen applicants will be required to pass pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background check.
- Copies of certifications are required.
Clearance: Top Secret
Travel: 10% (Travel to Pentagon is expected)
About Us: RTL Networks, Inc. is a rapidly growing company primarily focused on providing information technology (IT) support services and personnel to a variety of commercial and government customers for long term contracts. By providing a wide array of professional services and products, we help our customers leverage technology and operate with total confidence in the predictability, security, and reliability of their technology resources to meet business objectives.